It has been nearly a year, but it seems as though nothing has changed (internally, that is). Such has been most of my life; transient places, people, and body, but the pestilence of my mind remains.
Although, I have become a good deal less consumed by bitterness and rage than before. It's possible that this is due more to resignation than actual peace of mind... I'm still unsure. I am trying, at least, to be less judgemental of others despite being excessively judgemental of myself. It hasn't been easy.
What does seem constant is my ever-present feeling of emptiness... and it seems that I've become markedly more depressed than usual, perhaps as substitution for the anger I've left behind. In leaving much of that anger, so has my desire for gluttony and purgation ceased; replaced by abstinence instead.
My body has changed, and yet I feel as though everything remains the same...
No comments:
Post a Comment